395 So. Center St., Orange, NJ
Counseling and case management to youth returning to the community from incarceration and youth on probation or parole, leveraging their strengths and developing their skills and support networks so that they live free of crime and other high-risk behaviors.
Eligibility & Referral Information
Participants must be residents of Essex County and must be referred by the Essex County Youth Services Commission.
- Biopsychosocial assessment
- Individual counseling
- Life skills training
- Case management assistance regarding education, employment, etc.
- Family counseling, when indicated
- Regular case conferencing with Probation and Parole.
Examples of Issues We Address
- Challenges of transition back from incarceration
- Challenges of returning to a high-crime, high-risk environment
- Education and employment obstacles
- Family conflict
- Teen parenthood
- Adherence to rules of Parole / Probation
Please contact Genevieve Shineman at 973-675-3817, or