395 So. Center St., Orange, NJ
Crisis stabilization, counseling and skills-building services for at-risk youth and their families, to develop their insights and skills, resulting in less juvenile delinquency, greater school success, stronger family bonds and better life choices.
Eligibility & Referral Information
Clients may be referred by the Essex County Family Crisis Intervention Unit (FCIU), police, schools, family or community agencies.
- Biopsychosocial assessment
- Individual and family counseling
- Life skills training
- Case management
- Case conferencing with schools and referral source(s)
Examples of Issues We Address
- Child-parent conflict
- Youth exhibiting risky behaviors (i.e. running away, unauthorized absences from school, noncompliance with rules at home, aggressive behaviors towards peers or family members.)
- Sibling conflict
- Positive coping with changes and stressors to the family system (i.e. death of a loved one, divorce, moving)
- Behavioral issues leading to juvenile delinquency (e.g. robbery, assault, disorderly conduct)
Please contact Genevieve Shineman at 973-675-3817, or