PrePARE is FAMILYConnections’ award-winning model to foster early childhood social and emotional development. PrePARE is located on-site at collaborating preschools and schools and includes play therapy, evidence-based curricula in social skills and personal safety, and parent & caregiver training.
Eligibility & Referral Information
Open to all children at our collaborating preschools and schools.
- Individual Play Therapy
- Evidence-based social skills curriculum
- Evidence-based personal safety curriculum
- In-class teacher support and consultations in early childhood emotional and behavioral issues
- Parent education and support regarding their children’s emotional and behavioral development
- Screening and advocacy regarding special education needs, including speech and language issues
Examples of Issues We Address
- Aggressive behaviors
- Ability to follow rules
- Social withdrawal
- Capacity for empathy
- Personal child safety regarding cars, guns, fires, and good-touch/bad touch