Essex County Division of Senior Services and the NJ Division
of Aging Services
A free evidence-based workshop series for older adults living with chronic health conditions.
Developed by Stanford University, this Chronic Disease Self Management Program helps older adults increase their healthy behaviors and improve their lives.
Eligibility & Referral Information
- Essex County Resident
- For adults, 60 years or older and/or their caregivers
Weekly Workshops for 6 weeks
Curriculum offers strategies for dealing with chronic conditions such as:
- Heart Disease
- Substance Abuse
Examples of Issues We Address
- Lack of information on how to manage a chronic illness
- Unhealthy behaviors while living with a chronic disease
- Lack of self confidence in management of disease and symptoms
- Reliance on physician and hospital visits to manage disease
Please contact Alon Hawkins at 862-210-0003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.