395 So. Center St.
Comprehensive, evidence-based treatment for youth involved with alcohol, drugs, and other high risk activities, building on their strengths to get youth off the streets and off of drugs, back with their families, back in school and into steady jobs.
Eligibility & Referral Information
- 13 to 18 years old;
- A resident of Essex County;
- Involved with alcohol and/or other drugs;
- Ready to attend the program 2 to 3 times each week for 3 to 6 months.
- A legal guardian or other family member must agree to participate with their teenager in program activities at least once every month.
- PLEASE NOTE: Clean&Cool is NOT suitable for youths with a history of violent crime or psychiatric hospitalization.
- Individual, group and family counseling
- Evidence based life skills training to teach drug resistance, self-management, and social skills
- Survival Skills for Youth curriculum
- Gang intervention
- Art therapy
- Health education
- Job skills training
- Incentive-based recreational field trips
- Family Nights
- Co-occurring substance abuse and mental health treatment, when appropriate
- Coordination with referral sources for mandated clients
Examples of Issues We Address
- Adolescents identified as actively using drugs/alcohol or who have a history of drug/alcohol use
- Adolescents at risk for using drugs/alcohol
- Adolescents engaged in other high risk behaviors (e.g., criminal activity, gang involvement, truancy, promiscuity)
- Adolescents who have co-occurring mental health and substance abuse issues
Contact Shalice Culbreath at 973-675-3817 or email@example.com.